We all have our favorite quotes from authors, poets, and historical figures that we pull out when the time calls. Whether they are validating, inspiring, or grounding, cherished quotes can serve as a form of self care to bring us back into the moment as we move through life’s challenges. For your clients, a few impactful quotes may help them to find moments of peace in times of crisis.
Quotes can be used in person when the time arises or posted on social media to uplift your followers. We’ve gathered six of our favorite mental health quotes here for you to use when the moment is right.
1. “Let go of who you think you’re supposed to be; embrace who you are.” – Brené Brown
2. “Don’t surrender all your joy for an idea you used to have about yourself that isn’t true anymore.” – Cheryl Strayed
3. “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing.” – Abraham Lincoln
4. “Just because you don’t understand it doesn’t mean it isn’t so.” – Lemony Snicket
5. “Mental health is not a destination, but a process. It’s about how you drive, not where you’re going.” – Noam Shpancer, PHD
6. “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” – Albus Dumbledore